Thursday 4 August 2011

Travelling by my-efficient-self

Some trips start with a long oft-interrupted nap, others are more like time for yourself, time when you learn about yourself and the world. Like a journey in the journey.
This summer trip home is one of those. No sleeping, no screaming babies, no stress. Time to shop, sit, read, rest and smile.
How come after days of weakness and illness, here I am on top of everything I have to do, ticking off one organisational task after the other, pleasantly chatting with airport employees or taxi drivers, reading work-related papers I had been postponing for weeks and even the manual of instruction of the new camera?
And learning. Learning that fat is a feminist issue, that taking a decision is best done before going to the loo, that the best coffee is served down-under (hey, who wrote this?).
And I know exactly where to recharge my battery after landing and while waiting for the luggage.
So far, a promising day. And a promising trip.
Wishing for a promising life.

No comments:

Post a Comment