Wednesday 8 February 2012

Inversiones y competencia

Airport, subway, hotel, seminar venue, hotel.
Restaurant, hotel, subway, airport.

It was Madrid, it could have been anywhere. Too quick to even notice.

No, not everything.

The sky was very blue, despite temperatures below zero, and the full moon was beautiful to watch.
Jamon, queso and the steak with Jerez sauce were good - and the people in bars, hotel etc. were fairly impolite as the city reputation wants it.

And all those beggars in the street I did not expect, reminding of the difficult times just outside the shiny seminar room.

And I did exercise my Spanish, successfully understanding, less successfully being understood (as the fact that I paid my hotel room twice proves).
And I have given up looking for the reason why the Spanish word for investment is "inversion" and the one for competition is "competencia".

No comments:

Post a Comment