Saturday 9 July 2011

Love, loops and lysine

A long day ahead of me started with a bunch of language issues in Zaventem airport.
My T-shirt with the Union Jack and the statement " I love Londres", made the security attendant totally confused about which language to use with me - thank goodness I'm not wearing my 'f*ck Google, ask me' T-shirt.
Half an hour later, trying to be cooperative with the personnel at boarding gate, I offered French and there panic started: noone there really knew French - hey, am I still in Brussels?
Get onboard reaching for my window sit - why on earth did I pick window? - ask my neighbours in English if they could let me in, no success, spot their Italian passport and try speaking Italian, no way - why on earth do we give Italian passports and voting rights to great-grandchildren of some half-Italian who fled the country a century ago?
But finally here I am, on a plane taking me to my antitrust refreshment course, choosing the first film to watch - how could I hesitate? - picked The Informant :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment