Tuesday 10 April 2012

Flying lessons

"A pilot does not merely execute, a pilot takes decisions."
I'm certainly not a pilot yet: I still need to learn quite a few things to be able to take decisions.
And to be able to execute commands correctly, for that matter (such as: get out of that sink - I'd like to but how do you do that exactly?)

"Up in the air, never too relaxed: flying is not natural for humans."
OK, point taken. But do you really have to tell me this while spiralling upwards to 2800 mt QNH?

"In aviation, we are all peers, no need to use the formal pronoun for pilots. And next time you go on a plane, don't hesitate to ask to sit in the cockpit."
Oh yes!

"Don't worry about that parachute, its purpose is just of a cushion for the glider seat".
Not sure whether I should feel reassured or not.

"Good to have girls at the training, so housekeeping is taken care of." 
Downwind, base, final approach. Landed. The slap on their face, that is.

1 comment: