Tuesday 28 April 2015

Lazy in the Middle East


After two days I cannot say yet what I think of it. Part of it has probably to do with the fact that I have been just hanging around lazily between the apartment and the nearby beach. Partly it is also that I tend to be totally mesmerised by an elegant skyline, its shapes and lights and can be staring at it for hours.

It is a bit like watching the dystopian future from some sci-fi film, except that it is the present and I love that feeling of being a molecule-size entity by the windows of one of those giants.

What I can say for now is that Dubai is definitely glam, that the Persian Gulf waters are really warm, that you can find Fratelli La Bufala, ObicĂ  and La Cure Gourmande by the beach. 

This Sheik Muhammad did an amazing job of creating all of this from nothing, including a couple of Palm-shaped islands and an entire archipelago in the shape of the world map. Besides the world's tallest building and biggest shopping mall (but that is for another day).

The victory of man over nature. Cannot help wondering if nature intends to take revenge in the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment