Sunday 5 April 2015

Sevillanas

I will not tell you about the summertime I found here in early April. Nor will I talk about my tapas de jamon, pulpo and queso de oveja in the Juderia. Con cerveza, por supuesto.

But I can tell you about the massive crowd occupying the city for the Semana Santa. And about those longer than life queues outside the (stunning) Alcalzar and Cathedral. Do you want to avoid standing in line in the sun for hours? Easy: book your ticket online. If you can't because of digital divide or Apple devices not supporting Flash, don't lose your temper, just go for Solution 1.0: Manolo, authorised tour guide spontaneously proposing his services to initially suspicious then amused tourists.
 
Or I can tell you about flamenco dancers and flamenco dresses like the one I had when I was 30 years younger, about making friends with a Brazilian girl who loves margaritas and travelling on her own, about the feeling of being exactly where you should be.

And I will definitely tell you that I am going to start planning the discovery of the rest of Andalusia.

No comments:

Post a Comment