Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lithuania 2012

Nice time in Vilnius. After more than 7 years it is fun to be back, with the only sightseeing pressure coming from the sun shining on a Sunday afternoon and the curiosity to see whether I still remember the city  - I did not but it seems it is not entirely my fault: big renovations took place in recent times.

It was also an instructive trip. I learned a lot about Lithuanian energy concerns, dismissed nuclear power plants, Lithuanian pagan traditions, national heroes and famous painters - oh yes, and Sorainen superheroes.


Once again, the gastronomic part of the trip was a big success. Biggest achievement of the trip is fishing my own 1 kg trout and eat it, instead of going for the legendary zeppelini I tasted 7 years ago. Bistro 18, run by an Irish lady, has the "best breast in town" - duck breast, that is.  Excellent wine & cheese football night - and Italy won against England.


As a wise man put it: life is good but good life is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment