Friday 22 June 2012

Stop-over in Frankfurt - or: how years of Ryanair made me a better person

It started when I sat in my economy class seat and there was plenty of room for my legs and a hook for my jacket.
Then I got a glass of white wine without being asked to pay for it. It came with snacks in the shape of little airplanes and it gained my heart.

I wanna fly Lufthansa from now on. 
No non-sense, they gave me wine, a newspaper, legroom and a smile in Economy class. And they did not complain that my luggage was bigger than the free. They gave me 30 minutes free wifi at the airport and a free coffee - Ok, given the total price of my ticket I know there is really no free lunch, but anyway

I wanna live in Germany
Germans are normally bigger than me, so I do not have to struggle for the right size when I go shopping - Ok, I know that given my tastes, I will still have to buy Italian fashion, but anyway 

I wanna cheer for Germany tonight.
My dear fellow Greek PIIGS, I am sure you understand that this is better also for you - Ok, Greeks have shown passion and resolve, but anyway

I wanna marry a German.
Germans always respect the rules and do not cheat - Ok, I admit that after few years in the public administration I know this is not true, but anyway

The airport shop displaying packs of Sombrero-shaped pasta at the price of 12,95 Euros finally opened my eyes and broke the spell. 

Off to Vilnius.

No comments:

Post a Comment